Talk to a Mental Healthcare Professional
We are a nonprofit organization providing free mental health services to U.S. Military personnel and families.
Live Chat with a Mental Healthcare Professional
Suicide Warning Signs
What Are The Warning Signs For Suicide?
- Threatening to hurt or kill oneself or talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
- Looking for ways to kill oneself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means
- Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
- Feeling hopeless
- Feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities – seemingly without thinking
- Feeling trapped – like there’s no way out